Whether you’re renting out a place for guests to rest their heads after a busy day of exploring or a quaint haven for them to unwind and relax, B&Bs provide fantastic, unique experiences to each guest.
For B&B owners, you may have to handle admin, the changeover, cleaning, supplies, meet-and-greets and more. That’s a lot – and every minute saved in a bonus.
As a wholesale supplier of bedding, we’re not stranger to all things bed linen. To help, we’ve put together three bed hacks that cut minutes off time-consuming tasks so that you can get back to more important things.
The inside-out duvet cover hack
Changing the duvet cover tends to be a groan-inducing task. Fortunately, this hack helps you handle a changeover in seconds.
- Next time you wash your sheets, leave the duvet cover inside-out.
- When it’s time to put the clean cover on, stick your arms inside and grab hold of the top two corners, one in each hand.
- Move over to the duvet and grab the top two corners.
- Hold your arms out and let the duvet cover fall over the duvet, keeping your hands gripped to the corners.
- Lay the duvet on the bed and give it a shake so the duvet settles inside the cover.
- Voila! You’re done.
Hospital corners hack
Although top sheets aren’t a necessary part of the bed, they do add a little extra class. If you’re going for a luxurious and comfortable B&B stay, then they are a must. ‘Hospital corners’ are where the top sheet is tightly fitted across the bed, with the excess material tucked under the mattress.
- Drape the flat sheet evenly on top of the bed.
- Start at one corner of the foot of the bed. Lift the mattress and tuck the hanging sheet along the foot of the bed.
- Grab hold of the excess sheet that’s now hanging on the side of the mattress. Lift it up and place on top of the mattress.
- Here’s where it gets technical. The edge of the sheet should form a 45-degree angle with the corner of the mattress.
- Hold the fabric forming a 45-degree angle and tuck it along the side of the mattress. Let the sheet fall.
- Match the edge of the sheet to the corner of the mattress and tuck it in.
- Repeat with the remaining corners.
Folding a fitted sheet
As a B&B owner, you will have more sheets than the number of beds. While you may not have a problem folding and storing pillowcases and duvet covers, fitted sheets are another task. The elastic ends make it difficult to fold neatly – until now.
- Spread the fitted sheet on the bed with the elastic ends and corners of the sheet facing you.
- Fold the corners and tuck them over the inside of the sheet until it forms a rectangle.
- Now match the folded corners, keeping the already parts tucked. Fold the sheet lengthwise.
- Even out and smooth down the folded elastic ends.
- Keep folding the sheet until it’s in a small enough size that fits your storage closet.
Find the right bedding for your B&B
If you want your bedding to look and feel good, bed hacks can make things that bit easier. But it’s still vital to have the right bedding in the first place. At Homefords, we stock a range of high quality bedding to suit the needs of your B&B.
Whether you’re looking for 5-star luxury bedding or something that feels like a home away from home, we have a vast collection of wholesale bedding. With free mainland UK delivery and hassle-free returns, it’s never been easier to secure great, affordable bedding.