Cream Blackout Vertical Blind (Slats Only – Box of 4)
These cream blackout vertical blinds are perfect for keeping unwanted light at bay.
The polyester slats come in a drop of 137cm (54”) or 229cm (90”).
The slats and the headrail are sold separately (you can find the headrails here).
The headrail itself is can be fitted either into the ceiling or the wall, and can be placed inside or outside a window recess. It also comes with a control rod, to adjust the angle of the slats, allowing more or less light into your room. The blind slats can also be completely pulled to one side.
Choosing the size
- Headrail Width: We stock a wide selection of headrail widths – 60cm, 90cm, 120cm, 150cm, 180cm, 210cm and 240cm. The width of the headrail can be altered – further information below. Choose the correct width for your window.
- Number of Slats: Vertical slats are sold in boxes of 4 slats. 4 slats take up 30cm of headrail track, so If you want a width of 60cm (24″), you’ll need 2 boxes (8 slats in total). To calculate the number or slats you need, use this table:
|Headrail Width||Number of slat boxes you’ll need|
|60cm (24″)||2 boxes (8 slats in total)|
|90cm (35″)||3 boxes (12 slats in total)|
|120cm (47″)||4 boxes (16 slats in total)|
|150cm (59″)||5 boxes (20 slats in total)|
|180cm (71″)||6 boxes (24 slats in total)|
|210cm (83″)||7 boxes (28 slats in total)|
|240cm (94″)||8 boxes (32 slats in total)|
- Slat Drop: We sell slats in two different drops – 137cm and 229cm. These can be trimmed to fit – see instructions below.
Adjusting the size
If the measurements don’t quite work for your window, don’t worry. You can adjust the headrail tracks and slats to suit your requirements.
- Headrail Width: The width of the headrail can be altered with a little bit of DIY skill and a junior hacksaw (full instructions are provided with the blinds).
- Blind Drop: If you want to adjust the drop of the slats, they can be easily cut to size using a sharp pair of scissors (again, full instructions are provided with the blinds).
Fixing the headrail
The headrail itself is can be fitted either into the ceiling or the wall, and it can be placed inside or outside a window recess. The headrail’s drop is 3cm. There are plastic slat grips along the bottom of the rail (see product images), which adds another 2cm to the drop (5cm in total).